Sunday, April 17, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

I finished the weekend with a nice long walk around Wash Park, 70* and sunny, everyone was out. There are always lots of dogs at the park and today I saw a few worth noting. Like the one pulling its owner on a skateboard, if you have to run the dog and don't want to run yourself, that's an option. Or the dog with the kite string tied to its collar, because if you're a kid holding that string all afternoon can get tiresome and you have this dog so......I also saw the little dog being "walked" around the park in a bicycle basket a la Toto. Ahhhh, sights at the park.

This weekend I moved out of the ski condo, I've found a home for most of the things that I brought back.

This weekend has been very sewing focused. Last week I made this little guy.

I still have to attach his ears. Yesterday I made a friend for him in the opposite fabric so he's green with polka dot ears. I hope two little kids like these because they took me a lot of time!













Last week these yummy fabrics arrived in the mail.


I bought these to make pillows for Grandmommy. I didn't quite finish but I made three of the four I was planning to make. The first one is an envelope pillow with piping I made of the same fabric of the smaller pillows.




I was hoping to make a bolster pillow out of the blue fabric but I guess that will have to be a future project.
They do look nice on my bed but I'll be bringing them to Grandmommy for hers. She likes pillows more than anyone I know!

1 comment: