Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

Another weekend done. This weekend was a great weekend both in Denver and in the mountains. After much debate between flip-flops and ski boots I headed to the mountains to ski on Saturday. I'm thinking that this may have been my last weekend to ski so I wanted to get in at least one more day. I've not put in a total of 20 days on the slopes and over 343,000 vertical feet (not counting one very brief and cold day at A-Basin). The beginning of the day was icy, despite the 50 inches of snow the mountains had gotten in the past week, but I was right at home with my east coast skiing skills. It was a beautiful warm day and the snow softened up quickly.

Yes, that sign is correct, high 55-60*...

I agree that 60* is warm, especially when you're skiing but I'm not sure it was warm enough for some of the outfits I saw, especially the girl who was snowboarding in her bra! Ahhhhh, Colorado.
The snow got pretty slushy so I called it a day around 2:30 and sat on the deck at the base and enjoyed an end-of-season Sam Adams. Nothing like a beer on a sunny deck after a day of Spring skiing.

I drove back to Denver that afternoon and by the time I got back around 6:30 it was still 80*! My apartment was actually hot! As nice as it was to have some really warm sunny weather, Denver is desperate for moisture so I wasn't sad that the forecast for today was radically different. We went from this yesterday:

To this today:

Yes, that's a rain/snow mix so clearly it was colder...much colder... We've already had a handful of wildfires around Denver and it's only April 3 so I'll be happy for the wet weather and hope that it continues, at least for a little while. I spent most of the day cleaning, doing laundry and running errands. I did figure out that if you go to the Target in Glendale at 9:00am on a Sunday you'll have it all to yourself! It was almost eerily quiet when I arrived but by the time I was leaving it was starting to fill up, kids having meltdowns and all.
Well, that's it, on to another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment