Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pillows

On my way home tonight I stopped at Fancy Tiger to pick up some fabric for my sewing class next week (Sewing 201 - Throw Pillow). They tell you you can just get your supplies when you show up for class but I can't make decisions that fast! Fancy Tiger has tons of great things and I really think I could take home all of it if I had enough skill to use it! After spending over 30 minutes perusing their delicious fabrics I settled on two. The colors are a little more bold than the pictures but the light in my apartment isn't great and the flash on my camera was too bright on the fabric.
This:


And this:


I had my heart set on a Liberty of London fabric but then I checked the price...at $38 per yard (yikes!) I need to be a bit more confident that whatever I'm making won't just be a blob!

I also picked up this book

because the woman at the store said it was a good one to start with. I'll let you know how it is!

2 comments:

  1. Love your colors ~ wow if you learn to sew maybe you could make me a dress for the wedding !:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By July I might be ready for that iPad case but I'm not sure I'm ready for a dress yet!

    ReplyDelete