Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

Three cheers for three day weekends! One of my friends came to town to visit and we had a blast doing...not much HA! It was very low key: brunch, dinners out, a movie, the botanical gardens and cocktails on my balcony while eating pizza. It's great to spend a weekend with a friend and just relax.

The Denver Botanic Gardens are beautiful (I promise to post pictures later). With all the rain we have had lately and then a few quick days of sun, everything was in bloom, including a giant section of Lilacs. Lilacs are some of the best smelling flowers ever and I could have sat there smelling them pretty much all day. The only down side to the gardens was that it was a little overcast when we left the house so I didn't have on sunscreen...it's not a bad burn but I defiantly "got sun".

The weather man is calling for 90s by Thursday so it appears that Memorial Day is going to live up to its reputation as the unofficial start to summer. Bring it on!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment